Today we’ve introduced a series of improvements that will enable you to trade more without sacrificing security.
Trading limits provide an important protection against financial loss from errors and fraud as they put guardrails around the amount and frequency in which funds can be moved. That said, having too many limits can be confusing and not having clear guidelines on when a limit has been hit or what to do about it can be a frustrating experience.
Our aim with these improvements is to simplify and provide greater transparency on trading limits. The result is a significantly better experience across Blockchain.com products.
Simplifying Trading Limits
Traditionally, Blockchain.com has had many different limits across:
- Activities: Buying, depositing, withdrawing, swapping
- Timeframes: Daily, weekly, annual
- Products: Wallet, Exchange
We’re simplifying things by removing as many limits as possible while continuing to provide necessary protections.
To do this, we’ve split activities into two types:
- Internal Activities: These happen within Blockchain.com. Examples include swapping using your Trading Account, buying from your Cash Account, and selling to your Cash Account.
- Cross Border Activities: These happen when sending funds in or out of Blockchain.com. Examples include buying with a credit card, depositing from a bank account, and withdrawing to an external wallet or account.
Since Internal Activities never leave Blockchain.com, the risks are far lower and we have greater ability to fix problems when they arise. As such, we’ve removed all limits on these transactions.
Since Cross Border Activities result in sending funds in or out of Blockchain.com and involve a third party, the…