By: Hermine Wong, Director of the Coinbase Institute
Tl;dr: Today signals the launch of the Coinbase Institute, a global crypto-native think tank. Our mission is to accelerate rigorous, novel research, and to bring together the best minds across disciplines to fuel progress on decentralization, web3, and the future of finance.
Today, we’re launching the Coinbase Institute — a global crypto-native think tank grounded in evidence-based research. Our mission is to accelerate rigorous, novel research, and to bring together the best minds across disciplines to fuel progress on decentralization, web3, and the future of finance. Our work will cut across many disciplines and provide expert analysis and insights about what’s happening in the global cryptoeconomy.
The Coinbase Institute’s mission will be anchored around four core pillars of work:
- Conducting and publishing rigorous, cutting-edge crypto & web3 research;
- Convening collaborative discussions with thought leaders, academics, policymakers, and the crypto community;
- Forging partnerships with academic institutions and think tanks to accelerate early-stage research and technical innovation;
- Building an interdisciplinary in-house team to advance public knowledge and awareness of crypto and web3.
What’s launching today?
- Our Coinbase Primers series, starting with Crypto and the Climate. Our primers are designed to unpack high-profile concepts around crypto and web3. News in this space moves quickly — it can be challenging to understand the technology and data underlying the headlines. Our primers will break through the noise to provide clear explanations of key issues along with the latest numbers and analysis.
- Our first Coinbase Institute